Brought to you by:
❤ Smart Recipes
Oven Roasted Kale Chips
Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 bunch kale (the curly-leaf variety works best for this recipe)
- 1/8 cup avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon good quality salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of 1-2 seasonings of your choice:
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Nutritional yeast flakes
- Garlic powder
- Red chili flakes
- Curry powder
- Italian herbs
Place a large, shallow roasting pan or sheet pan in the oven and preheat to 375 degrees.
Rinse kale, and dry completely. Remove stems, and cut into pieces approximately 3 inches wide. In a large bowl, use your hands to combine
the kale with the next 3 ingredients, plus seasonings. Season to taste, coating kale evenly.
When the oven is up to temperature, carefully put the kale into the hot pan, spreading it out into one layer. It will sizzle. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes and then gently stir or turn the leaves. Continue roasting another 5-7 minutes until kale is crisp and dry, but not too brown. Some leaves may be chewy instead of crisp. Serve immediately.
Wild Salmon with Rosemary Garlic Paste
Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt or coarse kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons avocado oil
- 6 wild-caught salmon fillets, 4-6 ounces each
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine chopped rosemary and the next 4 ingredients in mortar and crush with pestle or blend in mini processor until coarse paste forms. Mix in oil. Rinse the salmon, pat dry with a paper towel, and place on a baking sheet. Rub the mixture over the top of the fish. Position rack in center of oven. Roast the salmon until an instant-read thermometer reaches 130 degrees. Place on a platter and serve.