The System functions:
The urinary system is responsible for filtering and eliminating wastes from the body in addition to maintaining the homeostasis of water, ions, pH, blood pressure, calcium and red blood cells.
Kidneys, ureter, bladder and urethra
What you can do to help support a healthy Digestive & Immune System:
Recommended Dietary Supplements: VitaCal-MagD K2, VitaDaily, Vital C.
Amazon Herb Supplements: Rainforest Treasure Tea, Enviro Defense.
Essential Vitamins & Minerals: Vitamin C.
Foods to include:
Cranberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, Apples, Grapes, Cirtrus Fruits
Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Spinach, Kale, Cabbage, Cauliflower
Wild-Caught Fish, Organic Pasture-Raised/Grass-Fed Chicken, Pasture-Raised Eggs, Organic Yogurt, Organic Sour Cream, Organic Cheese, Grass-Fed Whole Milk
Nut & Seeds
Quinoa, Almonds, Cashews, Brazil Nuts, Chia Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Flaxseeds
Garlic, Turmeric, Cocoa, Cinnamon, Kombucha, Sauerkraut
Be sure to do your best to shop organic, grass-fed, free-range, unprocessed and low sodium.
Daily morning cleanse: 8-12oz of lemon water.
Foods you should avoid or limit:
Do your best to read the labels on packaged food. If the names are too hard to pronounce, they are likely chemical based ingredients and not very good for you.
- Processed and high-sodium foods such as cured ham, bacon, sausage
potato chips. and
- Foods that contain all-purpose flour such as pizza, bagels, pretzels, white bread, and flour tortillas.
- Foods containing artificial sweeteners like Sucralose such as yogurt, cereal, whole grain muffins
bread and microwave popcorn. and
- Beware of “reduced sugar” labels which are usually loaded with artificial sweeteners such as fruit juice, ketchup, jams, jelly, syrup, soda, sports drinks, ice cream
salad dressings. and
Artificial sweeteners you should try to avoid:
Aspartame, Acesulfame potassium, Alitame, Cyclamate, Dulcin, Equal, Glucin, Kaltame, Mogrosides, Neotame, NutraSweet, Nutrinova, Phenylalanine, Saccharin, Splenda, Sorbitol, Sucralose, Twinsweet, Sweet ‘N Low, Xylitol
Physical activity is essential for good health. New studies show even 15 minutes of elevated heart rate from activity has numerous benefits. Find activities you enjoy doing and aim for at least 15 minutes 4 to 5 times per week.
- CARDIO: Biking, Hiking, Walking, Running, Swimming, Dancing, Zumba
- STRENGTH: Weight Training, Resistance Training
- FLEXIBILITY: Yoga and Stretching
Lower back pain, pelvic pain, urinary tract infections, trouble with urination, blood in urine and kidney infections.
- Interstitial Cystitis – Chronic pain in
bladderdue to inflammation.
- Kidney Disease – Longstanding disease of the kidneys leading to renal failure.
- Kidney Infection – Inflammation of the kidney due to a bacterial infection.
- Kidney Stones – A small, hard deposit that forms in the kidneys and is often painful when passed.
- Nephritis – Inflammation of the kidneys caused by infections, toxins or autoimmune disorders.
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) – An infection in any part of the urinary system; kidneys, bladder or urethra.
You can download a copy of the Urinary System information found on this page to keep for your