Brought to you by:
32 fl oz1 fl oz (30 ml) per serving
Health Category Click on the icon for description
In a healthy immune system, the normal inflammatory response repairs damage and protects the body. Sometimes, though, our body doesn’t respond as it should, sending the inflammatory response into overdrive. Stay ahead of the curve by supporting your immune system and supporting your body's healthy inflammation response.
The nutrient-rich drink from the Sonoran Desert
From ancient traditions to modern science. Nopalea supports the normal and essential anti-inflammatory function performed by the immune system and may help lower inflammation.1
The Superfruit of the prickly pear (nopal) cactus, contains a powerful class of nutrients called Betalains.
What are Betalains?
Betalains are plant-based compounds that have antioxidant properties and give the prickly pear fruit its distinctive bright red color.
The prickly pear cactus of the Sonoran Desert contains a high concentration of protein-bound Betalains. This is because the Sonoran Desert is the most extreme desert in the world and this plant needs Betalains to survive in the intense environment.
How about you? Are you exposed to toxins from outside and inside your body? Perhaps Betalains—these nutrients from the Sonoran Desert—can help you experience greater wellness.
Nopalea: bounty from the Sonoran Desert
TriVita has a tradition of developing innovative wellness products, with ingredients from all over the world. Yet right in our own Arizona backyard, we found that native plants in the Sonoran Desert offer beneficial properties. We tapped the expertise of local botanists and the indigenous peoples to focus ultimately on the remarkable prickly pear cactus and its fruit.
Nopalea: quality-crafted by experts
Nopalea customers enjoy so many aspects of this unique drink: the taste, color and certainly its health benefits. But what many don't know is the care that goes into ensuring absolute product quality in each bottle.
- Aseptic manufacturing process — After each Nopal cactus fruit is harvested (by hand, not by machine) it is puréed into a liquid and transported in a refrigerated truck to our bottling plant in California. The aseptic (sterile) manufacturing process begins the moment the product enters the front door.
- Rigorous inspection — During the formulation and bottling process, the entire 'run' of Nopalea is inspected. It often takes at least five hours to test each batch of Nopalea.
- Freshness guaranteed — You can rest assured that your Nopalea is fresh. To maximize Nopalea's Betalain content and freshness, TriVita maintains refrigeration from picking in the field to final aseptic processing. The proprietary bottling process used with Nopalea is untouched by human hands.
Order your Nopalea today!
If you are pregnant, nursing or on medications, you may want to consult with a healthcare provider before using. Keep out of reach of children. To report a serious adverse event or obtain product information, contact 1-800-991-7116. Information provided herein is for informational purposes only.
- View Details
If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you will receive a full refund, less shipping and handling, within 60 days of the order date. Please call our toll-free number for complete details at 1-877-850-2968, or to receive instructions for returning products for a refund.
Q: What is Nopalea?
Nopalea is a delicious, nutrient-rich, ready to drink liquid that features the superfruit of the Nopal cactus.
Q: What makes Nopalea so unique?
Nopalea contains a powerful class of nutrients called Betalains that are found in the fruit of the Nopal cactus. Betalains work to neutralize the body's inner toxins. They do this by helping the body reduce the toxins surrounding the cells, which allows more essential nutrients to reach each cell. As a result, cells are better fed and energized to repair and replace damaged tissues.
Q: What are Betalains?
Betalains are a powerful class of nutrients found in the Nopal cactus fruit. Betalains work to neutralize the body’s inner toxins. They do this by helping the body reduce the toxins surrounding the cells, which allows more essential nutrients to reach each cell. As a result, cells are better fed and energized to repair and replace damaged tissues.
Q: What makes Nopalea so effective?
- Aseptic manufacturing process—After each Nopal cactus fruit is harvested (by hand, not by machine) it is puréed into a liquid and transported in a refrigerated truck to our bottling plant in California. The aseptic (sterile) manufacturing process begins the moment the product enters the front door.
- Rigorous inspection—During the formulation and bottling process, the entire ‘run’ of Nopalea is inspected. It often takes at least five hours to test each batch of Nopalea.
- Freshness guaranteed—You can rest assured that your Nopalea is fresh. To maximize Nopalea’s Betalain content and freshness, TriVita maintains refrigeration from picking in the field to final aseptic processing. The proprietary bottling process used with Nopalea is untouched by human hands.
Q: How is Nopalea different from other Superfruit concentrates products?
While many Superfruit liquid wellness concentrates are available today such as Noni, Mangosteen, and Acai, Nopalea is made from the purest and freshest Opuntia Ficus Indica (Nopal) cactus that produces a rich superfruit. This powerful superfruit is unique in that it contains a rare class of nutrients called Betalains.
Q: How much Nopalea should I take?
Take 30 mL (1 oz) daily with food/meal, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 12 weeks.
Q: What type of fruit is the Nopalea juice made from?
The Nopal cactus fruit is the key ingredient in Nopalea. The fruit is carefully harvested from the Sonoran Desert.
Q: With so many superfruit concentrates containing such high amounts of sugar and calories, how does Nopalea stack up?
No added sugar or artificial sweeteners. A single serving (1 ounce) contains 3 grams of carbohydrates and only 13 calories.
Q: What does the name Nopalea mean?
The name is derived from the word "Nopal." This is a type of cactus found in the Sonoran Desert. The Nopal cactus fruit is the key ingredient in Nopalea.
Q: Does Nopalea contain any added sugar or artificial sweeteners, flavors or colors?
No, only natural sugar of 13 calories.
Q: Is Nopalea safe for everyone?
Nopalea is a natural, concentrated wellness drink made from Nopal cactus fruit, which is harvested from the Sonoran Desert at the peak of its freshness. From there, the fruit is juiced to a puree and bottled in a state-of-the-art facility, which ensures quality, freshness and potency. Those with allergies to food, serious illness, or have any questions should consult their healthcare provider before consuming.
Q: Is it safe to take Nopalea with medication?
Nopalea is a dietary supplement. If you are taking any medications or have a known medical condition, you may want to consult with your healthcare provider before drinking Nopalea.
Q: How can I ensure the product maintains its freshness?
The Nopal fruits used in Nopalea are harvested at their peak, so it’s completely natural for there to be differences in taste and color between different batches due to varying environmental conditions. While these differences may be noticeable, they in no way affect the efficacy of Nopalea. And since Nopalea is natural and does not contain any preservatives, the best way to maintain its freshness, color and taste is to:
- Refrigerate all bottles upon receipt (even the unopened ones)
- Never drink directly from the bottle
- Consume the contents within 30 days of opening each bottle
- Allegra, M., et al. The Journal of Nutrition, 2014; 1-8